November 24, 2014, 09:05:16 AMLatest Member: Sweetu
ASKSKT : Best gadget discussions and reviews ,Take advice, buy smart , stay updated » Home Utilities » Washing Machines » Review : Choosing best Washing machine (LG/Samsung/IFB) Front Load
Pages: [1] | Sitemap
  Print  
Author Topic: Review : Choosing best Washing machine (LG/Samsung/IFB) Front Load  (Read 44672 times)
Arvind

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2011, 11:35:11 PM »

Hi ,

I am looking for Front Load (fully automatic) Washing machine with 5.5-6KG and with a budget of about 25K or less for weekly 2-3 times wash for 2-4 person.  I initially made up my mind for IFB Elite SX (with Aqua)  but then Samsung WF0550WJW (Eco bubble wash/voltage control etc )  and LG F1256 NDP (with IDD ) are other options which i have sorted.  The price range is very similar and other general features  in these 3 models. The concerns i have heard of like IFB not good in service , Samsung models not as good as LG due to noise/vibrations.

Please suggest me which is best product model to choose among following 3 options in terms of products features and quality of service

IFB Elite SX  (Aqua)
Samsung WF0550WJW
LG F1256 NDP

Thnx
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:58:40 PM by arvind_tiwary » Logged

Regards
Arvind
asksktr1

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 12:59:35 PM »

Namaste Arvind

Thanks for your query, we have already reviewed these machines for 2 customers before and have hands on knowledge with our team.

Let me start with IFB, they were a good company but did not maintain their standard of being one, the recent models have had bad immense problems, service and repairs and inadequate supply of spares have recently made it a strict no no in terms of home appliances on our list, we have sent them various suggestions and requests to enhance their service network being an Indian company, but i wouldn't suggest you to go with this piece as the value for money offering is not in comparison to the other two machines lusted right from spin options to build quality to after sales.

Samsung is an overall better build but a poor and unstable motor in comparison to the LG motors ASKSKT have recently seen , for the same price you get a slightly higher RPM for those extra dry clothes and also a better after sales.

We have reviewed the LG 1256NDP extensively and at your budget we really like the features and stability it offers over samsung plus the extra lil space of 0.5 Kg.

We would like to recommend you The LG product on your list .

Hope ur query is addressed properly or u can read extensive thread about the LG1256NDP in the other two threads in the same washing machine section, if you have more queries feel free to contact us back here.

Happy shopping
Arvind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 02:42:33 PM »

Thanks asksktr1 for the instant response your detailed review on these models.  I had chance to review the other threads on the same model earlier. I am inline with your opinion but do you think features like hard water treatment(aqua energie) and voltage controls options are mandatory options for improving the life and performance apart from motor quality/IDD with LG? Though LG 1256 NDP appears better choice considering service,comparable features list, also LG being top in WM global sales in past years it seems promising to stick to LG as brand.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/LG-Electronics-Achieves-Top-prnews-2690831259.html?x=0&.v=1

Regards
Arvind
asksktr2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 02:02:56 AM »

Namaste Arvind

Talking with asksktr1 about the extra set of features you enquired about like aqua energie is more or less like an eyewash , if you are really in a very hard water place a once in a month routine could be deployed for reducing the scaling , whereas if u see in about 5-6 Years everyday a new technology comes into market and the old one becomes obsolete, I dunno if just hard water treatment should lure you into buying a washing machine, if the motors and service are far more inferior than the advantage of  it treating the hard water.

Please mention more about voltage control options you are referring to as the voltage control options are also pretty robust in LG , i would like to still inquire more about it from what your question is .
Arvind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 09:52:27 AM »

Hello asksktr1,

Agree about the motor quality is key to performance and with this LG model the motor warranty is 10 years that is offered. The hard water was not the primary concern only due to machine parts maintainability  but wash quality should improve(no practical exp. with WM though), but certainly cannot overrule  the motor/service role.  Voltage control option i noticed in Samsung model option i had WF0550WJW : http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/home-appliances/washing-machine/front-loading/WF0550WJW/XTL/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

Since i had more confidence/personal preference on this particular LG  model, based on suggestions and personal reviews got, i have opted for the same. The product is yet to be delivered.   Thanks for your inputs and will update my experience as it try the product.

Regards
Arvind
asksktr1

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 03:01:28 PM »

Namaste Arvind

You are a very learned and a researched buyer and we thank you for choosing ASKSKT for your final
decision before your ordered your product.

Well the voltage control option is just a added advertisement space by samsung, most of the appliances are made to withstand 160-400 Volts fluctuation, even the LG machine that you bought.

We will look forward to your reviews and ur personal satisfaction index after you give that machine a test run.

Thanks and we respect and value your opinion on ASKSKT forums.
TechieBoy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 03:21:18 AM »

My family has been using IFB Senator since 3-4years and its working just superbly. We never got any fault etc. Moreover, IFB personnel visit once every month on their own to do general service. IFB provides great support in service and delivering associated necessary products such as detergent,cloth stiffner/cloth shiner etc in very supportive good manner.
I m sorry to know that some people are complaining of bad service. But my family and in fact, all families here are loving IFB Senator. Its best Middle-Class Washing Machine.

Smiley
amankapoor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 01:33:56 AM »

My family has been using IFB Senator since 3-4years and its working just superbly. We never got any fault etc. Moreover, IFB personnel visit once every month on their own to do general service. IFB provides great support in service and delivering associated necessary products such as detergent,cloth stiffner/cloth shiner etc in very supportive good manner.
I m sorry to know that some people are complaining of bad service. But my family and in fact, all families here are loving IFB Senator. Its best Middle-Class Washing Machine.

Smiley

It would be a great help if you could please approximate your locality. All the reviews discourage buying IFB in terms of after sales service, but since it depends from place to place ; so I am curious to know .
Thank You
Pages: [1] | Sitemap
  Print  

Jump to:  

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal